I have learned many lessons from many teachers on my journey through this life. I have read countless books, completed numerous programs, attended several retreats, been a student of several academic institutions and met a great deal of teachers and mentors along the way. Each of these have left an impression, a transformation, an insight, a step that has contributed to the emergence of the woman I was meant to be. The woman I am proud to be today.
Through the journey, I have learned some key lessons. Lessons that I carry with me every day. Lessons that have made a profound shift in the perspective in which I walk on this earth. And it has been so liberating!
These are 5 of the most important lessons I keep close, that I am happy to share with you today. I hope they will help you too, shift your perspective and help you make 2018 a year of difference, a year of strength, a year of you stepping into the best you!
1. Self-Love Wins – No matter what you may have internalized during those early years, you do get to decide who you want to believe yourself to be, now, today, and everyday. Accepting our past for the lessons it brought, the experiences, the pain, the joy, the growth, all of it, all unchanging, is an important step in moving into the you that you are meant to be. Loving ourselves is the fundamental mortar of all the individual aspects of rebuilding our authentic selves.
“WHEN I LOVED MYSELF ENOUGH, I BEGAN LEAVING WHATEVER WASN’T HEALTHY. THIS MEANT PEOPLE, JOBS, MY OWN BELIEFS AND HABITS – ANYTHING THAT KEPT ME SMALL. MY JUDGEMENT CALLED IT DISLOYAL. NOW I SEE IT AS SELF-LOVING.”
– KIM MCMILLEN
2. Nothing is Personal – Nothing. Really. Ever. We all have our own lens and we interact with the world through that lens, which is generally selfish. How someone is interacting with you is a direct reflection of how they are feeling themselves. It’s not you, it’s me, couldn’t be more true. We really do choose, perhaps not consciously, how we feel about the information we are receiving and in turn, how we will react and behave.
“DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY NOTHING OTHERS DO IS BECAUSE OF YOU. WHAT OTHERS SAY AND DO IS A PROJECTION OF THEIR OWN REALITY, THEIR OWN DREAM. WHEN YOU ARE IMMUNE TO THE OPINIONS AND ACTIONS OF OTHERS, YOU WON’T BE THE VICTIM OF NEEDLESS SUFFERING”
― MIGUEL RUIZ
3. Different is Better – The most interesting people I have met, the ones I have learned the most from, the ones I was drawn toward and want to be around, are those who are different themselves, in whatever way that may be. Be an outlier, and revel in your difference, you are in fabulous company. Own your unique authentic self, and love knowing you will be remembered and loved precisely for it.
THE HARDEST CHALLENGE IS TO BE YOURSELF IN A WORLD WHERE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE YOU BE SOMEBODY ELSE.
– E. E. CUMMINGS
4. What you see is really what you get. We always have a choice of which muscles we are going to strengthen by how and when we use them. The lens we choose impacts our communication with the world and ourselves. There is always a positive and negative side, the challenge and the ease, the abundance and the scarcity, the gratitude and the fear, but it is our reaction and interaction with the information we receive that creates the outcome. We are active participants in how we interact with the world.
“CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE.”
– WAYNE W. DYER
5. Everyday is a new day to learn something new, to grow as a person and contribute to the world. Those who are content to stay within the status quo are simply not the ones to surround ourselves with. In nature, life is constantly evolving, nothing stays the same, nor should we. Learn to access the joy buried beneath layers of responsibility, should, musts, have to’s and feel yourself bloom. There is always something to be grateful for and to share with those around us. This is what keeps us growing and our growth in itself, contributes to the positive vibrational frequency of the world.
“WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THEIR PEAK OF EXCELLENCE; BUT BY THE DISTANCE THEY HAVE TRAVELLED FROM THE POINT WHERE THEY STARTED.”
– HENRY WARD BEECHER
Finding your authentic voice and SURPASSING all expectations, those that may have been set for you and those you later set for yourself, is possible.
If you would like to access your authentic voice and finally live the life you know you are meant to live, to SURPASS, complete the following questions to access a complimentary 15 minute coaching session:
The vibrational frequency of our planet is changing for the better. Claim your authentic contribution by living the life you know you are meant to live. SURPASS all expectations, including your own! Let Michelle Winterburn Coaching help you OWN the unique you the world has been waiting for.
Talk to you soon!